As much as I like the challenge of writing a daily blog post, I think it is time to scale back a little. I am going to write just one per week from now on, likely on Mondays. I am seriously just running out of interesting things to write about within the focused investing realm. Scaling back to one per week means I can write more comprehensive articles on a given subject.
As far as what we talked about this week:
- We talked about how to find out more about a financial term. There is a lot of good information on the internet, but make sure you consider more than one source. Everyone has their biases.
- We talked about the reasons to buy a wonderful company, which is what Warren Buffett calls a company that produces outstanding results.
- I talked about what kinds of companies I have in my 10 stock portfolio.
- We talked about cash and why having cash in your portfolio is an extremely good idea right now. Don’t get crazy though, 30% is the maximum amount of cash I would hold.
- We talked about why if you invest in the stock market, you will lose market value at times. It’s just part of what happens. The objective is to grow your portfolio over several years.
- We talked about why living off of your investment portfolio is your ultimate goal. Perhaps not your only goal, but probably the one that is the furthest out in the future and toughest to attain.